I am about to begin my journey of reflecting on my past and healing from my terrible decisions
Wednesday, July 13, 2011
A little bit about the last 7 Wednesdays of my life
So for the last 7 weeks, I have been attending this post abortion recovery group, as I mentioned earlier. This has been an emotionally trying experience. I started out feeling strong and positive, like I could conquer this! No problem! Then the emotions started to hit me as we got deeper into discussions, thoughts, feelings, etc. We talked about our PASS symptoms, how to forgive ourselves as well as others involved in the situation, asked God to forgive us this Sin, we prayed and were prayed for by the awesome women at the group, we wrote letters to ourselves, the baby, God, mothers and abortion dads and started working on memorializing our babies. So every Wednesday I take my time in the morning getting ready and getting into the "healing mode" and make my way into the city to meet the other women for discussions. Now today is the last day, and it is somewhat bittersweet. I am relieved that I wont have to treck into the city on my day off now, but at the same time I will miss the comfort and safety and openness that the group naturally brings me. I am hoping to keep in touch with the girls, especially the counselors. I feel a little afraid that I dont have the group every Wednesday now, but at the same time feeling strong and courageous because I made it through these weeks and learned so much, and even healed a bit. Also, I am ready for the next steps in my journey through healing. This really has been a journey since May 2002, and my goal is to reach a time that I can say that I am completely healed, and put this experience behind me. I hope this positivity stays with me. I'm sure I will have good and bad days, but overall I feel pretty good about things now, and I'm comfortable enough to share =)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment