Saturday, July 16, 2011

Her Name - A Tattoo?

At some point I will reveal her name-but not yet.  I need to get comfortable with the fact that she has a name.  Why shouldnt she have a name?  She was important, and I took care of her.  Even started planning on telling the family about her.  Well the pastor at the church emailed me her certificate that she is in their Book of Life - so she is still important.  And people will be praying for her. 

On a lighter more fun note - I have to get down to business on this tattoo idea.  I need 2 tats to make me feel complete.  One really beautiful and detailed piece on my shoulder, and one really inspirational beautiful one on my left wrist.  I can't go on much longer without these tattoos!  I know thats a bit dramatic, but I really need them!  I wonder if I should get her name on my wrist?  That will cause me to explain to people what it is, but her name also means "Life" so I could easily just say what it means, without having to tell people the story.  I just cant decide...

As for the shoulder tat - I want something beautiful and colorful, something that represents change and life and growth.  A design that says "I hit rock bottom but I am almost out of the hole".

I am a tattoo lover all the way!  I think all of my tattoos are a part of me and represent different times in my life.  It only makes sense to have 2 more tats to complete the story of the life that I have lived so far. 

The other day on the ferry, I saw a girl with a tattoo on her left shoulder blade of a baby laying on big leaves of grass or something.  It was awesome, the little baby was so detailed.  The perfect little newborn.  Asleep.  Resting.  I wonder what this tattoo meant for this girl?  Was she mourning the loss of a baby as well?  My heart went out to this girl when I saw this tat - Because to me the tat meant that somewhere in this girls life, she lost a baby and this baby is resting peacefully now.  I kinda wanted to give this stranger a big hug....

No comments:

Post a Comment