Well, 10 years have passed since the horrific two day experience of the abortion. It was September 24th and 25th of 2002. I was 21 weeks along when I went in for it, and I will NEVER forget the day and the dreadful feelings I had. Such a strange experience...
Did I mention that I suffered a miscarriage this summer? The sonogram technician confirmed there was no heartbeat at our first sonogram, and the devastation hit me... That was July 3rd, 2012. The D & C was exactly 1 week after that, on July 10th. So, we also have that 3 month anniversary to think about as well.
These experiences will be forever ingrained into my heart, blood and bones. I discovered something to comfort myself and other women dealing with their own losses: I just found out that October is Pregnancy Loss Awareness Month, to be specific the day for this remembrance is October 15th and all of the women and men supporting this day will light a candle at 7 p.m and let it burn for one quiet, meaningful hour. I will absolutely be doing this with my little angel's memory on my mind. I invite other women to do the same.
Although I have come SO far in my journey of healing from the first loss, and now to deal with this most recent one, I am still struggling. I think I always will, to some extent. Anniversaries and thoughts of what could have been will always flutter through my mind. The only thing I can do is focus on the journey, the grieving, and the future. Continue to visit the PASSboards, and even learn how to confidently and successfully open up to my family and friends about my losses, therefore being able to support other women who are on their own journey from their own losses. That is my new goal, in summary. To focus my new business venture on the women out there who need support after their loss. Wish me luck!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment